Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Paradise Regained

Today finally held a shift in my thinking that I was hoping for. Conveniently I just started and finished Paradise Regained by John Milton earlier today and I am once again more pleased than I ever thought I could be at the written word.

I had a chance to visit the house my parents are seriously considering as our new place today. It was in a fairly nice part of east Taunton right near the Stone family's new apartment. That doesn't have much significance but it's kind of cool. The house was very pleasing. I walked down the basement room which I immediately felt comfortable with, so hopefully that will be my area. There are brand new floors but I wasn't too impressed with the walls. Nothing bad about them per se they just didn't look entirely professional. The upstairs is nice but the rooms are in a strange 'L' shape that I haven't encountered before so hopefully I wont have to be put in one of those. The yard is very nice with some beautifully positioned trees in the back that would hold a peaceful atmosphere in good weather. I suppose if anything I would enjoy moving to that house, and I think a move would be a well accepted thing for us.

More to say but I haven't the time to say it. Well I do, but rather I haven't the concentration at the moment. I'm sure I'll add to this later.

Three days out of work because of the rain. I have grown a bit lazy.
Lazy stage #1: Knowing I should occupy my time better even though I have a lack of things to do and feeling a bit guilty if I don't do something, but not making that much of an effort to do anything.
Lazy stage #2: Not feeling so bad about having a lack of things to do, and not looking for much to do.
Lazy stage #3: Being happy that there is a lack of things to do and feeling content with what little I do.
All these months of hard labor undone in three days? Yikes.
Fortunately the next two days are supposed to be better weather so welcome back work.
I suppose I shouldn't say my work ethic was completely undone. In fact it's not that at all. The problem as of late has actually been my desire to do. The problem is more how to do something when I haven't been appointed something to do. Up until around this point I have been content with taking the opportunities as they are presented, and realizing that that is the more honest way of going about doing things. If I tried harder and harder to do something when I didn't know what it is I was actually supposed to be doing and listening to myself rather than God, what chance do I have then of contributing something worth while? Not very good. For some their efforts are in different areas where they should listen to themselves the way I have been trying, but that is the key word. Try. "To try is to fail". A lovely little aphorism that I haven't really started to understand until recently. It can't be explained nearly as well as it can be experienced, so I wont bother explaining it because quite frankly, I don't have the ability. My mind has been too set on things I am not capable of achieving right now, mainly because I don't have the sources and I simply don't need them now. I should not worry about controlling every aspect of my life because I simply dont need to and can't anyway. My point is not coming across well so I will stop here and hopefully this will suffice: "All things are best fulfill'd in their due time, and time there is for all things, Truth hath said: if of my reign Prophetic Writ hath told that it shall never end, so when begin The Father in his purpose hath decreed, He is whose hand all time and seasons roll."

1 Comments:

At May 3, 2006 at 8:40 PM, Blogger Tim? said...

I should hope you'd come visit! My name is not Hebrew! And I'm not the one with 'Sun' in my name, so you really don't have an argument here. But then again I can be out in the sun a thousand times longer than you without getting burned, so it's up in the air I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home