Monday, July 26, 2004

Library books ahoy...

So John and Taylor and I went to the Library today. We all got stuff. I got 2 large books. One on the entire history of Jazz, and the other is a Zappa book that Taylor found. That is also very large.

I wish Jazz wasnt so damn complicated. Not just musically, but everything about it is rooted to stuff. Well thats a lie I guess about wishing it wasnt so complicated. Im quite glad it is, cause it's practically endless in terms of learning about it, how to play it, where it comes from, and all the other fantastically complex things involving it. It's an orgy of endless musical shazz that continues to blow way over peoples' heads. And I couldnt enjoy it more. Furthermore, this section is over.

Now, to bore each and every one of you...
No I wont do that. Time is needed to do that, and Taylor is singing a beautiful song of which I heard my name mentioned on his glorious new twelve-string, so Im gonna listen to that for a while...
It turned into something else so Im gonna stop listening.

2 Comments:

At July 26, 2004 at 7:53 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

My song was beautiful, man. BEAU-TI-FUL!

 
At July 26, 2004 at 9:38 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Jazz isn't complicated. I actually had a meeting with Music the other day, we discussed a lot of things over a few cigars and some brandy, and came to the conclusion that Jazz doesn't actually exist. Also, brandy isn't good to spill on open wounds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home