Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Less than 6 people away...

Ya know that saying, well, it's not really a saying, but just that some people say that you're 6 people or less away from everyone? Meaning you know someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that is famous and/or "important" in the world. Well I was talkin to my dad earlier and I have a bit of proof of that, at least from my stand point. I dont know how we got into the conversation, but he was telling me about a guy named Jeff (cant remember his last name) that he used to be very good friends with who was very good friends with one, Mr. Frank Zappa. I thought it was pretty cool that I was only 3 people away from knowing Zappa. Anyway, I wont bother you with the details. Here's a quote...

"The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not mov'd with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus:
Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music."

- The Merchant of Venice, Act V, scene i

3 Comments:

At August 26, 2004 at 12:02 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

I read The Merchant of Venice a long time ago. Unless I didn't. Both are possible, and the latter is probably more true. I don't even know who I am anymore.

 
At August 26, 2004 at 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn i already knew that story. i like the quote, it was a nice touch.
~angie

 
At August 29, 2004 at 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timmy tins... I know somebody that knows somebody that knows my mom.
- katie
-the other one
- the 2 buck girlfriend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home