Thursday, August 05, 2004

Tim is currently running the Voodoo down.

Havnt updated in a while due to my lowsy computer being lowsy and not letting me lowsy... update, rather. It's too bad to cause I had some good stuff to say a few days in a row. Oh! Here's something. I completely rearranged my room the other day. I know this may come as a shock to some, mainly John, cause he and Taylor are pretty much the only people that come to my house, and I already told Taylor, but let me tell you, it's fantastic. I took out on of the bed's, pushed the other up against another wall, got my sisters futon and put everything else in different places. It's so relaxed now. So now there's actually space where you can move, instead of just jumping over things to get to another thing.

Is it me or does jamming with no real direction seem to be funnest? Im looking for some Ryan feedback on this cause he's the only one I know that has really jammed with a few other people. Now Im not really into the whole "jamband" thing anymore, Im more focussed on compostion and the way different peices are arranged. But still, jamming itself with a few people that actually know what their doing is like nothing else. One day, maybe even relatively soon, I hope to arrange a day where a few guy's I know and me can just play for 8 hours or however long our hearts desire and just see what comes out. I dont know if any of them would be up for that, and it's doubtful that they'd all have a day on which to do such activities, but hey, it's a thought.

I think the reason why I havnt been updating so much is cause I really dont think any of the few people who read this care much about reading about music or idea's or thoughts I have on it. But I really like to talk about it and it's rare that I find someone that can carry on a conversation about it and wont get sidetracked or just not care. Who knows, Im probly making alot of that up, but I dont wanna bore any of you, which Im sure Im doing right now.

Here's an interesting quote from Miles Davis that I think John will like, since it's about the 'Bitches Brew' and 'In a Silent Way' sessions. So here it is, Miles Davis' first words to John Mclaughlin when John first arrived in the states to record for these monumentous albums: "Play the guitar as if you've never played it before."

3 Comments:

At August 5, 2004 at 7:38 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

I would like to meet the person who can play for eight straight hours.

 
At August 5, 2004 at 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u know if u completely bored us we wouldnt read it. i find it interesting to read how u feel about music cuz i dont have that perspective. nyways, IT TOOK U LONG ENOUGH TO UPDATE! but u hav now so ill forgive u.
~angie

 
At August 7, 2004 at 11:48 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Dude, don't be an ass!
That's all I have to say about that.
I love Bitch's Brew, I didn't know john mclaughlin played on that. Maybe I did at one time, it all disappears eventually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home