Thursday, September 02, 2004

"The Face of God"

"I am convinced as many people are that we all have divine origins and that essentially everything is divine," he said. "We all come from the one, we all are in the one and we can never be apart from each other and the one. This is the personal conviction. It all comes down to the intellectual game in the end if you start to consider truth, goodness and beauty which are probably the essential attributes of what we consider to be God. If something is really true, it has to be beautiful. And music is beautiful, so it has to be true. God is the most beautiful of all the beautiful and the source of all beauty, so music has to be intimately acquainted with God in some way."

- John Mclaughlin

I thought that was a pretty interesting thing he said, of which I agree with. Anyway, that's all I got for now.

3 Comments:

At September 2, 2004 at 2:21 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

I have no comment for this. Good work, John Mclaughlin.

 
At September 2, 2004 at 7:11 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

That's a very nice quote. It makes you think about things a bit, eh? I'm afraid I would ruin the sincerity of this quote by continuing.

 
At September 3, 2004 at 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRETTY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home