Monday, January 03, 2005

Funny thing happened...

So I was supposed to have my first drivers ed. class today. But it didnt end up happening. And here's why: First I went to John's house cause he was gonna walk with me there so I could find out where the room was and for moral support as well. So I've kinda been building this up in my head about (even though its very simple and really just an in-and-out thing) how bad its gonna be. It's only cause it's a school environment and I dont do well in those at all and they frighten me to the point where I dont feel like myself anymore and I cant think straight (hence the homeschooling). So anyway, I went to John's about half an hour before I said I was going to be, but I didnt have anything to do except wait so I figured I might as well walk there then. I get there and his mom tells me that he had gone to BR to give something back to someone and say goodbye to some chums since he's not going anymore. So I wait. He still wasnt back yet by around 1:20 and my class was at 2 and we were going to walk and that takes about 15 to 20 minutes from his house. So I find his cell phone number and call him and he said he didnt realize what time it was or something and that he would be at the house in a minute. So I felt alittle better. But in the meantime as I was waiting his mom got a call from the principle of the school I believe and they discussed things of which I dont feel at liberty to say. So John arrived at 1:30 and he was told the things that I dont feel like I should say here and was asked to go pick up Lena (I think you all could've guessed it had to do with Lena). So plans changed and I was left to walk to the school alone. He told me where the room was and I headed out. The whole place made me feel weird since Ive only been in that school a handful of times. Luckily I knew the part of the building I was in fairly well so it wasnt a problem finding out where I was supposed to go. Fortunately I only recognized a couple people and Im sure they didnt recognize me. So I found the room where the class was supposed to be taking place was and on the door it said on a peice of paper something to the effect of:

Drivers education class Jan. 3 2005 cancelled due to teacher flu
So I left and walked through the graveyard across the street from the school and sat on a grave stone (or some stone thing) and thought about what had just happened. So at the same time I felt relieved yet alittle upset since it was such a big build up to me and nothing ended up happening. On one hand I feel good about not having to do it, even though Im positive it would've been the easiest thing in the world (from what Im told from people who had the same guy as me), but on the other I now have to wait again to actually be in the class. Anyway, that's all for now. Good day.

4 Comments:

At January 3, 2005 at 2:55 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

Way to go, Tim. You've destroyed automobiles as we know them.

 
At January 3, 2005 at 3:00 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

Whoa man, that's not cool at all.

 
At January 3, 2005 at 8:25 PM, Blogger Australian PRIDE! said...

They made an announcement that the class was cancelled today in school. I didn't make the connection that today was the day you began class. I wouldn't have been able to tell you anyway though, seeing as I didn't speak to you today. Hmm.

 
At January 4, 2005 at 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stupid teacher being sick! i think i just heard about such unsayable events today, or at least a shortened version. im glad for once it wasnt lena tho. in any case, drivers ed will come, and it isnt that bad. i hated goin cuz it was all people i USED to know. buyt it was cool, tho i must say, that lady made me afraid to wear a seat belt, yet afraid not to.
~ME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home