Saturday, February 12, 2005

Budo.

So I realize that speed isn't for everyone. Heh, you probably thought I was talking about drugs, but I wasn't. Anyway, so I realize speed isn't for everyone. In fact some think it's just an excuse to show off your chops and that it isn't "real" talent. In some cases this my prove true, but in others it's very very different. I found one that is very very different in that respect. I could tell you what it is, but I'm going to keep you in suspence. Taylor knows though seein as how I downloaded all the songs from his computer and burned a cd of it as well. But anyway, back to the point. The peices on this particular album are all intensly fast. Blistering in fact. One of the impressive things is that it's all acoustic guitars. Just three acoustic guitars and nothing more. It's almost entirely flamenco or flamenco influenced with some jazz passages scattered throughout.

Now some people merely listen to the speed only, which could be very difficult not to if you dont care to know what is truly within it, so if you didn't then I dont know why you'd bother listening to it in the first place. But there are some players that often do choose to just play fast licks and fast solo's for no reason aside from just showing off what they can do. And when they're stuck up about it? Well forget it then, they aren't worth your time. But when it's done so elequently that when you pay attention to each little run, no matter how fast, you can find a whole seperate melody, then that's worth your time. There are certain hights that can only be hit when there are two or more guitarists communicating through their playing (especially ones that are so talented and experienced that when they're playing by alone it can make your head spin) to where it reaches a point of clarity in your own mind about the way to look at certain styles of playing or the players themselves. I'm not sure why I'm writing any of this, first of all I'm not explaining it well at all, and secondly I really doubt this will prove useful to any of you, or if you'll even care. The point is I suppose is that if you look into any music intently, you will find something of value and importance to you, or at least you should be aware that it is of value to someone else, probably in a much deeper way than you think.

God I hate when I write anything. Why haven't any of you killed me yet?

4 Comments:

At February 12, 2005 at 3:01 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

Man, Niles really didn't appreciate you downloading all those songs.

 
At February 12, 2005 at 3:52 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

We did kill you, Tim, you are just posting these things from beyond the grave.

 
At February 12, 2005 at 5:46 PM, Blogger Darcy Marie said...

I cannot play the guitar well at all, so I'm just going to give it up all together, then crawl into a hole and die.

 
At February 13, 2005 at 10:23 AM, Blogger Australian PRIDE! said...

Ummmmmmm......YEAH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home