Monday, February 07, 2005

They call it Stormy Monday...

Not feeling well this morning. I hate writing about the way I feel on this because it seems stupid to me after I finish it and read it again. So I just end up erasing it every time. But today feels different than other days where I've woken up not feeling too well. As of late I havn't felt as much like myself. I doubt anyone can see that if they were around me, but it's just not the same as other things. And what do you know? I'm gonna stop writing now cause I already hate where this is going.

I went to see a show with my music theory teacher, Greg (whom I've mentioned before) last Friday night. He knew the band personally, and it was a small gig so I figured it would be time well spent. The show took place in an old brewery, but it was fixed up as a resturaunt/bar&pub. So all the old giant beer tanks were still there, it was fun. So anyway, when we got there we were the first people there, aside from the band members and a few sound tech guys. So he introduced me to the lead singer who looked rather familiar, and then I saw the guitarist who I knew I saw somewhere. And so we were introduced and before I had a chance to say anything he said "Yeah I've met you before", and other such things, and I remembered that I actually jammed with him once with Niles at a coffee house before he and the lead singer played a few songs (he was big and jolly looking so that only made the experience all that more delightful), and I, who sucks, said maybe two words and looked around awkwardly cause I dont know how to talk to anyone. But it was cool cause he sat down at the table we were at while he was warming up his fingers before the show started and talked with us a bit more so I'm sure I didnt seem like a total asshole. So the show started off a bit rocky, but it got better as it went on. Kind of funny actually. I kept waiting for the next song to be alittle worse than the one before cause the one before was really good, but they just kept getting better. So then at the set break we saw a guy from a magazine called 'Progression Magazine' (it's a progressive rock magazine in case you didn't figure that out). I would've said something to him cause Greg and the band members talked to him, but I've never read a single word from that magazine so I would've felt dishonest. So then the second set started and it was about 15 minutes into the first song (being a prgressive rock band they tend to have a number of lengthy songs) and Greg leaned over and told me that we should get going, and I asked if we could wait till the end of this song cause I figured it would be over in a minute or two, but he said "Well we'd have to wait about twenty minutes", and I laughed, thinking it was a joke cause they have some lengthy songs, and he said "No I'm serious, Mike (the guitarist) told me the first song would be about 35 minutes long". So I laughed again, because each section of the peice was farely difficult and thought out, so the fact that they would make it 35 minutes long was impressive to say the least. Anyway, so we stayed a few minutes longer and then left cause there was about an hour and a half drive back to Bridgewater. Anyway, enough of that.

Anyone do anything for the superbowl? because I sure as hell didn't. I practiced alittle, or attempted to, and I realized that I was intensly tired and I sucked at playing at that time so I stopped. Which reminds me, I need to change my strings. Good day.

4 Comments:

At February 7, 2005 at 10:23 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

That sounds like an interesting time, it sure does.
Talking to people is overrated, I gave it up in favor of offending people.

 
At February 7, 2005 at 8:13 PM, Blogger Darcy Marie said...

Hey, I'm not too good at talking to people, either. I usually say something offensive and make a complete ass out of myself; it's a talent, really.

 
At February 7, 2005 at 9:12 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

I invented Prog Rock. Well, me and Ian Anderson.

 
At February 8, 2005 at 2:45 PM, Blogger Australian PRIDE! said...

I think I just hocked a loogie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home